• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Sue for Being a Victim of a Frivoulous Lawsuit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rick James

What is the name of your state? CA

I was a victim of a frivoulous lawsuit. As a result of a judgment against him in small claims, an individual owed my now deceased father $5,000. He turned around and sued my mother, collections agent and me in civil court in attempt to avoid paying any monies. The opposition's case was based on hearsay from one less-than-credible witness, and they didn't have any other documentation or proof substantiating their claims. To make a long story short, they lost.

I want to sue the lawyers that brought this case against me. Is this possible? Unfortunate as it is, there will be those who will take the coward’s way out and try to get their dignity back by making others pay for their mistakes. Even worse are the lawyers who perpetuate this notion by accepting these frivolous lawsuits. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

R

Rick James

RE: Why do you want to sue the lawyers instead of their client?

I didn't appreciate their scare tactics--these people wanted to take my mother's home. The Plaintiff in this matter had one hearsay statement and nothing more--I can't believe the lawyers pushed things as far as they did. Knowing the law, I hoped they would have dropped the matter.

Shay-Pari'e

Rick, that is a lawyers job, and they are not the "Person" who brought this case against you. You need to step back and realize you have no case against the lawyers, if that was the case, you would have to sue the judge also.

Might I suggest just breath?

JETX

Rick James said:
I want to sue the lawyers that brought this case against me. Is this possible?
Of course you can sue them. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything.
However, your suit will go nowhere and will likely cost you more in money, time and anguish. Though the attorneys should 'filter out' frivolous action, they work FOR their client. And if the client wants to bring an action against you and they feel that there is ANY basis for same, they have an obligation to their client to proceed.

Oh, one thing to consider...... just because they did NOT win, does NOT mean that their actions were frivolous or without merit. The burden of PROOF would be on you to show that their actions were.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">