• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue my ex for claiming a false pregnancy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Carlos_Vega

PA (only U.S. law)?

Backstory.

I Was involved with a female and she moved to another state an informed me she was pregnant. Months later she informed me she miscarried. I was crushed. I was even more crushed when I found out she did infact have a baby, but it wasn't mine. Call me stupid/gullible and I agree. Can I sue for extortion or mental anguish?

sandyclaus

PA (only U.S. law)?

Backstory.

I Was involved with a female and she moved to another state an informed me she was pregnant. Months later she informed me she miscarried. I was crushed. I was even more crushed when I found out she did infact have a baby, but it wasn't mine. Call me stupid/gullible and I agree. Can I sue for extortion or mental anguish?
Nope. Move on and consider yourself lucky that the problem was resolved in your favor. Can you imagine having to deal with someone like that for the lifetime of a child?

catechismia

Are you sure the baby isn't your's? I hope you had a DNA test, because if she lied about the actual pregnancy, she could very well be lying about the paternity.

Proserpina

Obviously (assuming this is real), OP cares not about the possibility of the child being his.

Because the very first thing you ask on a legal message board is about suing for extortion.

Yup.

sandyclaus

Obviously (assuming this is real), OP cares not about the possibility of the child being his.

Because the very first thing you ask on a legal message board is about suing for extortion.

Yup.
well, duh!!
I'll bet the next thread he starts will be one in which he has found that he IS the father of the child and will want to know how he can sign over his rights or if he can get full custody of the child in an attempt to avoid child support.

Carlos_Vega

I'll bet the next thread he starts will be one in which he has found that he IS the father of the child and will want to know how he can sign over his rights or if he can get full custody of the child in an attempt to avoid child support.
If I were the father I would not relenquish my rights, i'd definately sue for sole custody and I have plenty of evidence to prove her "unfit".

Yup.
What did she try to extort from you?
"Doctor fees",
Are you sure the baby isn't your's? I hope you had a DNA test, because if she lied about the actual pregnancy, she could very well be lying about the paternity.
I'm not sure about anything other than the fact she told me she was pregnant. Then she said she miscarried. And that she has a baby. I'm not sure how old the baby is but pictures I've seen, suggest she lied about even being pregnant with my child, or she lying on social media about the birthdate of her child.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If I were the father I would not relenquish my rights, i'd definately sue for sole custody and I have plenty of evidence to prove her "unfit".
You have no clue :rolleyes:

"Doctor fees",
How did she try to extort this from you?

I'm not sure about anything other than the fact she told me she was pregnant. Then she said she miscarried. And that she has a baby. I'm not sure how old the baby is but pictures I've seen, suggest she lied about even being pregnant with my child, or she lying on social media about the birthdate of her child.
Yet, you think you can somehow prove her unfit. Sure.

Proserpina

I doubt that.

"Doctor fees",

You have no case.

Carlos_Vega

Why exactly are some of you so hostile and judgemental?

My proof is a bunch of text messages chronicling the whole ordeal. An ultrasound photo etc.

The things that I do know that are factual is she and I had unprotected sex. She told me was pregnant. She sent me an ultrasound photo. The time frame matched. I sent her money for her doctor visits. About 5 months in she said she miscarried. We still talked then she said she we shouldn't talk any longer and she changed her contact number. Oneday I decided to look her up on facebook and bam there's a picture of a newborn child. The photo is dated 3months after the due date of the child she said was mine. That means she lied to me about being pregnant or she's lying about the childs birth on social media. It's pretty obvious, IMo that she lied about being pregnant. I was just wondering if theres anyway i can sue her for mental distress or extortion. It seems like a very cruel thing to do to a person.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I was just wondering if theres anyway i can sue her for mental distress or extortion.

No. You have no grounds to sue her for mental distress, extortion, claiming a false pregnancy, or anything else related to this issue.

I hope that this is now clear to you.

Proserpina

Why exactly are some of you so hostile and judgemental?

My proof is a bunch of text messages chronicling the whole ordeal. An ultrasound photo etc.

The things that I do know that are factual is she and I had unprotected sex. She told me was pregnant. She sent me an ultrasound photo. The time frame matched. I sent her money for her doctor visits. About 5 months in she said she miscarried. We still talked then she said she we shouldn't talk any longer and she changed her contact number. Oneday I decided to look her up on facebook and bam there's a picture of a newborn child. The photo is dated 3months after the due date of the child she said was mine. That means she lied to me about being pregnant or she's lying about the childs birth on social media. It's pretty obvious, IMo that she lied about being pregnant. I was just wondering if theres anyway i can sue her for mental distress or extortion. It seems like a very cruel thing to do to a person.

Nope.

No case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">