• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue my husbands ex wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rban1970

What is the name of your state? New jersey

My husbands ex wife has recently sued us for child support.
The previous order was that everything was to be split in half.
She decided that that wasn't working any longer and wanted 232.00 a week.
I first must that my husband has never denied his son anything and has always paid his half with out question. We are not by any means wealthy people. My husband makes a good living and we spend all of our money on bills and our children. We have another child between us as well. This 232.00 a week has put a crimp in our income, not only are unable to put college money away for both children, we no longer are able to take family vacations, buy the things we used to for either child, and we had to take our 3 year old out of school as we couldn't afford it any longer.
My nerves are a wreck, I can't sleep, eat or function like I used to. My work is suffering to the point that I may loose my job. I have lost 15 lbs in about a month. I cry all the time. And every time I see her number on the caller ID I am afraid to answer the phone.
I just can't believe a woman who is married to someone who makes 3x what my husband and I do could do this to us.
Can I sue her for mental anguish?What is the name of your state?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? New jersey

My husbands ex wife has recently sued us for child support.
The previous order was that everything was to be split in half.
She decided that that wasn't working any longer and wanted 232.00 a week.
I first must that my husband has never denied his son anything and has always paid his half with out question. We are not by any means wealthy people. My husband makes a good living and we spend all of our money on bills and our children. We have another child between us as well. This 232.00 a week has put a crimp in our income, not only are unable to put college money away for both children, we no longer are able to take family vacations, buy the things we used to for either child, and we had to take our 3 year old out of school as we couldn't afford it any longer.
My nerves are a wreck, I can't sleep, eat or function like I used to. My work is suffering to the point that I may loose my job. I have lost 15 lbs in about a month. I cry all the time. And every time I see her number on the caller ID I am afraid to answer the phone.
I just can't believe a woman who is married to someone who makes 3x what my husband and I do could do this to us.
Can I sue her for mental anguish?What is the name of your state?

First of all she is not suing YOU for child support. She is filing for a modification of support from the FATHER. Your name is not on the paper work. You are not a party. What her hubby make is irrelevant as it is not his job to support your husbands child. His name is also NOT on the paperwork. He is not a party.

And, OMG!, NO! You would never EVER win a law suit for mental anguish because your husband is going to court for a review/modification of support.

Your husband should only be paying the court ordered amount.

Rexlan

It sounds like both of you need to keep your britches pulled up to keep your brain warm so you have time to think about the consequences ... get it?

What in the world is wrong with people and their lame mentality. Poor you, have to cut back on vacations ...lol.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">