• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i sue the notary?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rosey88

Is there a reason you don't wish to share enough information to help the volunteers to assist you in a REAL way?:confused:
that is what happened about the notary. I am not trying to hide anything here. I really appreciate all the volunteers who helped me here.

tranquility

that is what happened about the notary. I am not trying to hide anything here. I really appreciate all the volunteers who helped me here.
Sigh. How did the notary hurt you? Unless the other party is claiming he did not sign, I don't see how the notary hurt you. That is what they do. They make sure the signer is who they say they are.

Say for example you had a contract with the former boss and and the former boss now does not want to perform. THEN, you may have damages. Say both of you signed an agreement and former boss wants to enforce the agreement where the notary did not require to be signed in his presence even though the former boss is claiming he signed. Then, you have no damages.

What is this paper that was notarized? Who is trying to enforce it?

Rosey88

please explain in what way the notarization created the problem. In other words, if everything had happened exactly the same but the document had not been notarized, what would have been different?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You cannot sue the notary unless the notary caused you damages. Since nothing happened as a result of the document being notarized, you have no grounds to sue the notary. You can report her to the Notary Commission, since what she did is not the source of your damages.

Rosey88

sigh. How did the notary hurt you? Unless the other party is claiming he did not sign, i don't see how the notary hurt you. That is what they do. They make sure the signer is who they say they are.

Say for example you had a contract with the former boss and and the former boss now does not want to perform. Then, you may have damages. Say both of you signed an agreement and former boss wants to enforce the agreement where the notary did not require to be signed in his presence even though the former boss is claiming he signed. Then, you have no damages.

What is this paper that was notarized? Who is trying to enforce it?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

tranquility

But the signer was not there when the notary notarized the affidavit. Her former boss took the signed affidavit to her. Should a notary do it with the signer in presence. She even didn't talk to the signer. I googled and some articles even say her behavior is a crime. I am confused here.
What was the document? Who is trying to enforce it?

That there may or may not be a crime is irrelevant to your right to sue.

Rosey88

you cannot sue the notary unless the notary caused you damages. Since nothing happened as a result of the document being notarized, you have no grounds to sue the notary. You can report her to the notary commission, since what she did is not the source of your damages.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one is saying that what she did wasn't wrong. We are saying that the appropriate response is not a lawsuit. You CAN report her to the Notary Commission. They will take this very, very seriously. She could have her notary licence suspended or terminated. But just because she did wrong doesn't mean that the appropriate recourse is a lawsuit.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It costs us to do her deposition. Will this count?
No. By your own admission nothing would have been different if the document in question, whatever, the document is, had not been notarized. The fact that you deposed her does not change this.

LdiJ

It costs us to do her deposition. Will this count?
Rosey, we are trying very hard to explain things to you but you do not appear to be listening, and you are not answering the questions we are asking.

Why did you decide to depose her? Why did you decide that the issue of the notarization was important enough to go to that much trouble?

Just Blue

If the affidavit was not notarized, it might not be different. But it costs us financially to prove what their behaviors are illegal. She should not be punished for that? If not, all notary can do whatever they want to do. I know in Georgia two lawsuits were dismissed just because of the unlawful notary.
TrollDar....:rolleyes:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And you found it necessary to depose the notary because...?

In what way did her testimony prove what did or did not happen?

tranquility

The affidavit is to say the witness saw someone did something, and i was the one who forced this person to do it so i can benefit from it.

In the lawsuit, the notary's former boss claimed they suffered by this someone's behavior and i was the one threatened this person to do that.
And then we get back to the is English your first language question.

Okay, this notarized document was an affidavit?

Former boss made an affidavit saying they were hurt by another person and they believe you threatened the other person to force them to do that for your benefit?

Former boss then sued another person (And, you?) because of the damage?

If that is the case, unless there was a deadline to submit a notarized affidavit you were not hurt by the notary's actions and can't sue them successfully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">