• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i sue the notary?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Of course having her notarize the document is not illegal. The thing is that the fact her former boss asked her to notarized it without the signer's presence is illegal. The notary still did that. And the notary's family had business with her former boss before. She was doing him a favor.
Yes. That is true. It is illegal for her to notarize a document without the signatory being present. We all agree on that.

What we seem to be having trouble beating into your head, though, is that just because something is illegal doesn't mean that the correct recourse is a lawsuit. The correct procedure is for you to report her to the Notary Commission. If you deposed her because you thought somehow her seal meant anything but she had identified the signatory, that's your tough luck. You still don't get to sue her. Her notarization did not cause you any damages except ones that you incurred because you didn't follow the correct procedure.

Just Blue

I am here for help. And you are right, you really are a meanie and blue and rude. If you don't want to help, you can just ignore me. Why insult me?
LOL...Another "newie" that never listened to the Beatles. So sad...What is this country coming to??????

BTW Dear...You want help? Answer the questions from page one of this thread. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">