• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an innocent person be a suspect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? PA

I visited my live in nanny friend a few days ago in the residence where she works for a very wealthy and influential family. She has the key to their house, knows the alarm code, etc. At the time of my visit, the family she works for was away on vacation and the only people present were my fiend, I, the housekeeper and the gardner. I spent 10 minutes at that house while I picked up my friend to go to lunch. Kind of the in and out thing, I used their bathroom, said hello to the housekeeper and we were gone.

Today my friend called me to let me know that when the family came back from their vacation they noticed some expensive china missing from the house and they called the police, naturally. My friend was questioned along with the rest of the house help and my name was brought up as the visitor who happened to be their when they were away. My friend said that she gave me name to the police and they might be calling me for potential questioning.

I am furious! Well, maybe not exactly furious but a little concerned as to IF THERE ANY CHANCE they can actually suspect AN INNOCENT PERSON (myself)without any evidence? My boyfriend says that I've watched too many episodes of Law & Order but something about this situation makes me nervous. I mean, even though I spent no significant time at that house and was in the present of other people, can the police still think I did it? What do you think? Should I let it go or be worried?

You Are Guilty

legalbattles said:
I mean, even though I spent no significant time at that house and was in the present of other people, can the police still think I did it? What do you think? Should I let it go or be worried?
That depends -- what did you do with the china? Fence it? Hide it? Keep it?

M

meganproser

>>but a little concerned as to IF THERE ANY CHANCE they can actually suspect AN INNOCENT PERSON (myself)without any evidence?

Of course they can SUSPECT you.

>>What do you think? Should I let it go or be worried?

If you took the stuff, you should be worried.

If you didn't take anything, you should switch to decaf and listen more to your boyfriend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">