• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a judge reverse his prior orders?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anabanana

What is the name of your state? FL

How much latitude does a judge have to reverse a prior ruling? I raised some allegations in BK court about a deadbeat debtor that really got the judge ticked off, and he hollered at the debtor's counsel, "If I ruled on false testimony, if you're telling me one thing and then I find out this, then..." and he never really finished the sentence, but just went on to say that I could refile my cockeyed motion and do a better job of explaining my allegations and the relief I'm seeking.

When he gets all the facts on the matter, can he withdraw his order denying my claim? What about the one confirming the BK? Could he just dismiss the whole cockamamie ball of wax? Not that he will, but while he doesn't seem to mind me being lied to, or even the Trustee being lied to, he doesn't much appreciate a line of bull getting fed to him.

anabanana

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Or in the alternative, can I appeal the order denying my claim, even though it's no longer timely (relative to the date of THAT order), given that we're still litigating a piece of the claim that was the basis of my standing as a creditor?

Oy.

rmet4nzkx

anabanana said:
Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Or in the alternative, can I appeal the order denying my claim, even though it's no longer timely (relative to the date of THAT order), given that we're still litigating a piece of the claim that was the basis of my standing as a creditor?

Oy.
You claim to work in the legal field, yet you have started 60 threads related to your bankrupcy asking question after quesiton even when you had counsel. You need an attorney and you should have read the rules so you know what motions to make.

anabanana

60? Surely it's more than that.

And how do you find the two mutually exclusive? My attorney was crap, as many are, since as you well know, it's a field where you can be lazy, unethical, even downright stupid, and the clients generally don't know any better, so you can get away with it. And it wasn't MY bankruptcy, sister, it was the bankruptcy of the worthless, scheming scallywag who took me for every dime and then slithered off to enjoy the protections of the bankruptcy court, leaving me without so much as a farthing to hire counsel.

Further, I do a ton of research, for myself and others, and sometimes I post questions because, on the OFF chance somebody has the answer, it might save me a lot of time. We don't do BK at my office, and I don't know much, but I typically know how to find out what I don't know, and that generally includes asking questions of those who DO know. You apparently understand this, since you've posted quite a number of questions to get the answers YOU couldn't provide. So why be a peckerhead? Go have a nice glass of milk.

Also, I don't think my questions are generally the sort of thing that shows up in "Bankruptcy Basics" anywhere. Also also, I don't think you know much about the arcane and bizarre little world of bk, either, so save your mouth karate for the lazy dumbasses who wallow around in here asking questions that are listed in the FAQ. And better make that a warm glass of milk. With honey.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

anabanana said:
60? Surely it's more than that.

And how do you find the two mutually exclusive? My attorney was crap, as many are, since as you well know, it's a field where you can be lazy, unethical, even downright stupid, and the clients generally don't know any better, so you can get away with it. And it wasn't MY bankruptcy, sister, it was the bankruptcy of the worthless, scheming scallywag who took me for every dime and then slithered off to enjoy the protections of the bankruptcy court, leaving me without so much as a farthing to hire counsel.

Further, I do a ton of research, for myself and others, and sometimes I post questions because, on the OFF chance somebody has the answer, it might save me a lot of time. We don't do BK at my office, and I don't know much, but I typically know how to find out what I don't know, and that generally includes asking questions of those who DO know. You apparently understand this, since you've posted quite a number of questions to get the answers YOU couldn't provide. So why be a peckerhead? Go have a nice glass of milk.

Also, I don't think my questions are generally the sort of thing that shows up in "Bankruptcy Basics" anywhere. Also also, I don't think you know much about the arcane and bizarre little world of bk, either, so save your mouth karate for the lazy dumbasses who wallow around in here asking questions that are listed in the FAQ. And better make that a warm glass of milk. With honey.
You are waisting our time with your posts and you most certainly haven't read my posts or you would know that I have answered more than 10K questions, not the other way around, There is no reason to call to call me a peckerhead, you would also know that if you had read any of my responses. When I counted up your threads I only counted the ones on this subject not the number of posts.

You have a lot to learn about research.

anabanana

And you, my dear, have a lot to learn about civility.

Nobody's saying you don't answer a lot of questions. Clearly, that's about all you do. It seems to be pretty much a full-time job for you. Gotta say, though, generally speaking in life, there's a term for people who seem to answer more questions than they ask: know-it-all.

Ever since you came sweeping onto these boards on your white steed last year, ready to save us all with your superior legal wisdom and googlosity, you've had this nifty tone of breathless urgency and imperious indignation. You pick fights, you're a bit snotty, and you're not even funny, like most of the local bullies. If you don't get to wear the rescuing hero hat, you get aggressive and petulant and you take pot shots at people.

So if you don't want to read my posts, don't read 'em. I'm not your puppetmaster; you can decide for yourself how to "waist" your time. You might want to use a little of it on proofreading, but do have that glass of milk, darlin'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">