• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can be a member of the board of directors be sued for not controlling CEO and others?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TedCarter

Hello,
My ex-company sued me and its employees lied in the court more than 10 times. Employees that lied include CEO, president of the company and their corporate lawyer (and few more). Here is the catch, I worked for a multinational multibillion corporation from France with branches (among others) in Canada and Bosnia. I'm a Canadian and Bosnian citizen. I worked for Bosnian branch and I was sued by the Bosnian branch for revealing of the trade secret. It was just an attempt (I didn't even took anything, I just contacted other company offering to sell them the computer software), so the company sustained no damage. I was arrested and sentenced way harsher then I should be (few years in custody) because Bosnian branch CEO was influential in the local community and because their employees lied in the court. Plus, they twisted the truth so much, that, if someone from the competition finds about their statement from the court, they will lose tons of customers (they claimed that they don’t have any system security in place although they handle very sensitive customers’ utility data, there would be even terrorist threat if that goes public). In the board of directors of the Bosnian branch are sitting CEO of the Canadian branch and one other person from the France, besides 2 Bosnian citizens. Now, my question is, since Bosnian legal system is corrupt; I don't think that I can successfully sue the company and each lying individual in Bosnia. So, can I sue CEO of Canadian branch in Canada, because he was involved in the case and he knew about it or can I sue French person and later French mother company in France because they failed to control what CEO and other Bosnian employees did. I just want a settlement (litigation) for all they did to me and my family (ruined life, emotional pain for the whole family, money not earned because I was in prison etc.).

Regards,
TC

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello,
My ex-company sued me and its employees lied in the court more than 10 times. Employees that lied include CEO, president of the company and their corporate lawyer (and few more). Here is the catch, I worked for a multinational multibillion corporation from France with branches (among others) in Canada and Bosnia. I'm a Canadian and Bosnian citizen. I worked for Bosnian branch and I was sued by the Bosnian branch for revealing of the trade secret. It was just an attempt (I didn't even took anything, I just contacted other company offering to sell them the computer software), so the company sustained no damage. I was arrested and sentenced way harsher then I should be (few years in custody) because Bosnian branch CEO was influential in the local community and because their employees lied in the court. Plus, they twisted the truth so much, that, if someone from the competition finds about their statement from the court, they will lose tons of customers (they claimed that they don’t have any system security in place although they handle very sensitive customers’ utility data, there would be even terrorist threat if that goes public). In the board of directors of the Bosnian branch are sitting CEO of the Canadian branch and one other person from the France, besides 2 Bosnian citizens. Now, my question is, since Bosnian legal system is corrupt; I don't think that I can successfully sue the company and each lying individual in Bosnia. So, can I sue CEO of Canadian branch in Canada, because he was involved in the case and he knew about it or can I sue French person and later French mother company in France because they failed to control what CEO and other Bosnian employees did. I just want a settlement (litigation) for all they did to me and my family (ruined life, emotional pain for the whole family, money not earned because I was in prison etc.).

Regards,
TC
I'm sorry, but this forum is for US law questions only. Furthermore, even if this WERE a US law matter, your case is far too complex for an internet forum. Good luck.

eerelations

What did you think when you saw "What is the name of your state (US law only)"? That it would not longer be US law only if you just deleted the question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">