• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can My Ex Boyfriend Sue Me For This

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Funnyfox

Thanks for the clarification. If my bumbling advice brings out the experts to comment and correct, that in itself is good. I did a quick google to confirm your comment and found this from Wiki:

"In most states of the United States, engagement rings are considered 'conditional gifts' under the legal rules of property. This is an exception to the general rule that gifts cannot be revoked once properly given. See, for example, the case of Meyer v. Mitnick, 625 N.W.2d 136 (Michigan, 2001), whose ruling found the following reasoning persuasive: 'the so-called "modern trend" holds that because an engagement ring is an inherently conditional gift, once the engagement has been broken, the ring should be returned to the donor.'"

You guys are a good fun bunch of people. :) I will let you all know what my tax adviser tells me this afternoon in case anyone is curious.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">