• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can she sue me for Harrassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schmozee

What is the name of your state?I live in Minnesota. Today, while grocery shopping, I had unfortunate words with a woman in the parking lot. Let me say, that in hindsight I know I should have minded my own business, however the words just flew out of my mouth. The woman is probably 7 months pregnant and was standing out front smoking a cigarette. I said, "Do you know what harm that is doing to your baby?" She said mind your own business or "I'll call the police and have you arressted for harrassment". I just said "I hope your baby is born healthy" and got in my car. She's yelling out my license plate number saying she's calling the cops and will sue me. Was what I said harrassment? Can she sue me because I had a slip of the tongue?

racer72

I would have done the same thing you did. You did nothing illegal, it is not against the law to tell someone they are an idiot. Don't worry, nothing will happen to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">