• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they mention in court something not on the ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bsjohnson13

I got pulled over at 12:30AM a couple of weeks ago while driving three people under 18. I haven't had my license for a year yet and on California it's illegal to drive anyone user 20 or after 11PM until you've had it for a year.

They pulled me over for speeding a bit but gave me a warning on that and just gave me a ticket for violating my provisional license.

What I'm worried about is the fact that they smelled pot in my car, checked my eyes and made me follow their finger with my eyes, then let the pot subject go(though apparently while one cop was writing the ticket the other told my friends to stop smoking) and he just have me a lawful order to go home and gave me a ticket with a court date.

Since I'm a minor I have to go with my parents and they'd freak out if weed was mentioned. Can they mention anything in court that isn't on the ticket the court date is for?

And does anyone have an idea of the usual punishment for violating provisional license?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">