• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they subpoena phone records?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wallstreet

I have a pending case in Rhode Island right now that is civil. They don't have evidence of me calling Rhode Island but they want to subpoena phone records at my place of business since they think I "may be calling" Rhode Island. Can they do this and since I'm representing myself I feel like I'm being bullied into doing it, they even sat me down and said you either get the phone records for us or we can go to the judge and subpoena them, I don't know what to do in this case. Your help is appreciated.

Thank You

JETX

I have a pending case in Rhode Island right now that is civil. They don't have evidence of me calling Rhode Island but they want to subpoena phone records at my place of business since they think I "may be calling" Rhode Island. Can they do this and since I'm representing myself I feel like I'm being bullied into doing it, they even sat me down and said you either get the phone records for us or we can go to the judge and subpoena them, I don't know what to do in this case.
Yes, they can subpoena your phone records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">