• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you appeal an appeal that was reinstated???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

PA.

I am plaintiff.

Plaintiff won at District level, Defendant appealed but it was untimely and was stricken.

Defendant's attorney made many mistakes and took 100 days to finally effect service which is way overdue as some case law and authority shows and supports. I understand a decision had to be made and that no one can say why this case was permitted and others denied but my question is twofold.

1. Do I have a right to know why the judge ruled to allow this appeal to be reinstated considering the many procedural errors. Can I request an opinion? Are they obligated to give one?

2. Do I have the right to appeal this decision? I was ordered to file my complaint with the court and given no other recourse

Thanking you kindly for any insight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">