• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you be made to travel for depositions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

folgers

Hi,

I'm being sued by a corrupt landlord for "failure to use the air conditioner," which he claims magically damaged the walls.

The case is in Missiouri and I live in Michigan. His attorney wants to take my deposition. Can he force me to come to Missiouri or does he have to come to me?

Rexlan

Hi,

I'm being sued by a corrupt landlord for "failure to use the air conditioner," which he claims magically damaged the walls.

The case is in Missiouri and I live in Michigan. His attorney wants to take my deposition. Can he force me to come to Missiouri or does he have to come to me?
Has to come to you if you lived in Michigan at the time you were served with the complaint. Not if you moved there afterward.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">