• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you sue for right to speak to someone?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bl_guy07

Name of states: interstate, electronic communication (email, phone, text)

I know it sounds ridiculous. Is that possible? I know if a person expresses he does not wanna talk to you, he or she can sue you for stalking, harrasment, and what else? Especially if you push it more than 2-3 times. Even if your purpose it is not to inditimate but you just want something to know from that person, you want that person to answer your question, he is on th right side and your on wrong.

Proserpina

I know it sounds ridiculous. Is that possible? I know if a person expresses he does not wanna talk to you, he or she can sue you for stalking, harrasment, and what else? Especially if you push it more than 2-3 times. Even if your purpose it is not to inditimate but you just want something to know from that person, you want that person to answer your question, he is on th right side and your on wrong.

Yes, it's ridiculous.

You cannot force someone to even acknowledge your existence, let alone force them to speak with you.

Just Blue

You can not "sue" for the "right" to talk to someone. Unless the "someone" is your child. I don't think you are posting about YOUR child though..are you?

Proserpina

Now I think about it though, maybe there should be some legal remedy.

Say...you get five minutes to talk at this person. During those five minutes, that person is legally allowed to point fingers, make fun of your hair and insult your grandma.

Sounds fair, right? You get to talk and he makes fun of you the entire time.

bl_guy07

Ps

The person can file restraining order to make it illegal to contact him or her. Can you file for right to contact or defegent against risk of getting restraining order by other by means other than avoiding the person and ceasing communication.

Proserpina

The person can file restraining order to make it illegal to contact him or her. Can you file for right to contact or defegent against risk of getting restraining order by other by means other than avoiding the person and ceasing communication.

Which bit of "illegal to contact" are you not understanding?

Dude, the way you're carrying on I'd probably be two steps away from the court-house myself...

Just Blue

IMO if you keep up with this you will end up in prison. Whatever this is...LET IT GO.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. You cannot sue for the right to talk to someone. There is no law you can invoke that will force this person to answer your question or acknowledge your existence. No court is going to tell this person that they have to answer your question or even look at you. Whatever information they have that you want to know, you are doomed never to know unless this person CHOOSES to respond to you.

I hope that this is now clear to you.

bl_guy07

IMO if you keep up with this you will end up in prison. Whatever this is...LET IT GO.
Silly answer. They can only arrest you if they have obtained restraining order and you break it by contacting them. Or make death threats.

Last edited:

bl_guy07

Oh grow up.

What you know is so much smaller than what you don't know.
I know they can arrest you if you trespas. But we are here talking about police local jurisdiction which does not go outside a town. Also what you said just contradicts what "I'mtheFather" implied.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">