• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cannot issue a warrant due to active pretrial diversion.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TopCriminal

Ok so here is my story...

My first charge ever was a DUI and I received 12 months probation. About 5 months in I received a Criminal trespassing charge which lead to 10 days in jail and I was put on a pretrial diversion. Well I failed a drug test 2 days after I got out for the 10 days and went back for 20.

So at this point i've had 2 Violation of Probations.

So here after completing all my drug classes, community service, and everything except for paying the fine.

I went into probation the other day and she told me I failed another drug test and she hasn't gotten the warrant back yet and she let me go until my next report date.

So here 2 days later I have a voicemail on my phone from my probation officer which says as follow,

"I cannot issue a warrant due on failing the drug test due to an active pretrial diversion case and I'm going to have to take you back before a judge, but i need you to come in and sign a petition"

Is this a good or bad thing? I currently have 4-5 months of probationary time left.

justalayman

really? You violate your probation three times and the pre-trial diversion and you think there may be something good waiting for you at the end of the rainbow?

Damn. How do you stay so optimistic knowing that each of those little oops were enough to revoke your probation? Now you've had 3 screw ups and the judge wants to talk with you. I suppose he can want to see you because he is used to even worse screw ups and he wants to pat you on the back and say how much better you have behaved than every other probationer he has had or he might not be so pleased and this may be your notice there is a little room waiting for you.

I got my money on the latter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">