• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't find any case files

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

virgogirlsmom

California.

I'm trying to track down an old judgment (or any court records at all) from a lawsuit my uncle won around 1993-ish. I have very few details, and getting into the whys, I believe, would be irrelevant. He doesn't have any records, as the case was being managed by a friend of his with whom he is no longer in contact.

It's a civil case, a lawsuit against TRW (now Experian). I spent a few hours downtown in the archives, with and without help from the clerks, online and going through microfiche, with no result. I've also been searching PACER for a little while, and I'm not bringing anything up either.

I realize that the judgment has probably expired, and that my efforts are futile... but at this point, I just find it curious that I can't find any records whatever pertaining to the case. Does anyone know of any other resources I can try? All I know is the names of the parties and the general time frame.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">