+ Reply to Thread

Can't find any case files

California.

I'm trying to track down an old judgment (or any court records at all) from a lawsuit my uncle won around 1993-ish. I have very few details, and getting into the whys, I believe, would be irrelevant. He doesn't have any records, as the case was being managed by a friend of his with whom he is no longer in contact.

It's a civil case, a lawsuit against TRW (now Experian). I spent a few hours downtown in the archives, with and without help from the clerks, online and going through microfiche, with no result. I've also been searching PACER for a little while, and I'm not bringing anything up either.

I realize that the judgment has probably expired, and that my efforts are futile... but at this point, I just find it curious that I can't find any records whatever pertaining to the case. Does anyone know of any other resources I can try? All I know is the names of the parties and the general time frame.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

If thats all you know, you may as well forget it..

+ Reply to Thread