• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Capitol One Suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Prophecy1958

What is the name of your state - Missouri

I am about to be sued by Capitol One for a credit card which the collections states is at over $1800.00.

This is the same credit card that I have been havin in my credit counselin plan for now about 3 years.

Capitol One has argeed upon a payment from me via letter back in 2005 and now after a couple years stated they wanted more money. I sent an offer letter stating I would give more if they would reduce interest rate which is I believe still at 24%. They refused, so I refused at that time to give them more money as I was too paying around 6 other companies in this credit counseling plan. I have incresed payment to them recently after another company was paid off, but they continue to persue to sue me.

If this compnay has been accepting my payments via credit counseling since 2005, can they acutally sue me?. And if so, do I have justification to fight with information I have against Capitol One?

racer72

Yes, they can sue. You are not in agreement with your original contract. With the financial mess today many banks have stepped up collection efforts on past due accounts, especially small credit card accounts like yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">