• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Dealership Wrecks My New Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chandleya

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Bought an 06 Honda Accord EX V6 6MT w/ Navigation

took it to the dealer b/c the brakes were misaligned/were vibrating. Got a call later stating the car had been involved in a parking lot accident and would be repaired over the weekend. Came in to inspect - car was bashed; not dented. Damage was substantial and even involved replacement of doors whilst the initial injury occured on the front fender, not the door.

I have an attorney now; but the more questions I ask him the more $ this becomes. Just because I signed the typical service agreement; I wasnt given a full terms and conditions sheet, or a copy of what I signed when I took the car in. One of their conditions is zero liability. Can they really wash their hands like this? How can I have a warranty with no liability? Its backwards - it doesnt even make sense. My attorney has sent them our "demand" letter requesting they buy the car back -- they have yet to respond. I hired a very prestigious attorney that represents many of the large companies in this area including the Tennessee Valley Authority - so I know I've hired someone of caliber. However, my nerves in this situation are mounting more and more every day!

Is there any known presedent of a case like this in Tennessee, or any other state??

moburkes

Your big-guns attorney will be able to help you, but what makes you think that a warranty covers an car accident?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The dealer can repair your vehicle - why not let them?
As for the service agreement - if the dealership was negligent (ie: they ran your car in to something), then the -0- liability probably doesn't apply.

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Bought an 06 Honda Accord EX V6 6MT w/ Navigation

took it to the dealer b/c the brakes were misaligned/were vibrating. Got a call later stating the car had been involved in a parking lot accident and would be repaired over the weekend. Came in to inspect - car was bashed; not dented. Damage was substantial and even involved replacement of doors whilst the initial injury occured on the front fender, not the door.

I have an attorney now; but the more questions I ask him the more $ this becomes. Just because I signed the typical service agreement; I wasnt given a full terms and conditions sheet, or a copy of what I signed when I took the car in. One of their conditions is zero liability. Can they really wash their hands like this? How can I have a warranty with no liability? Its backwards - it doesnt even make sense. My attorney has sent them our "demand" letter requesting they buy the car back -- they have yet to respond. I hired a very prestigious attorney that represents many of the large companies in this area including the Tennessee Valley Authority - so I know I've hired someone of caliber. However, my nerves in this situation are mounting more and more every day!

Is there any known presedent of a case like this in Tennessee, or any other state??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">