• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brock33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in IL

My wife and I are going through a divorce. Initially she filed for a separation and we agreed on what marital assets we should get. i bought a car before we got married (honda civic), but i paid it off when we was married. we purchased another car that i am the primary and she's the co-signer (voltswagen passat). in her separation agreement, she stated that i would get the voltswagen and she would get the honda. i had to sign over the title to the honda and she moved over to ND and took the car with her. the judge dismissed the case due to her not showing up for any of the hearings. 2 days ago she came back to see my son. i have my own apartment. i let her come in so she can get my son. she stole my keys off my key holder and stole the voltswagen from me. is there a way that i can get the voltswagen back because now she has 2 cars and i have nothing?

JETX

is there a way that i can get the voltswagen back because now she has 2 cars and i have nothing?
Depends. Whose name is on the TITLE to the vehicle... and in what 'style' (and, or)??
Do you have a set of keys to the vehicle??
Why not just go get it??

Brock33

when you say style, do you mean the co-signer? if that's the case, she's the co-signer. i'm the primary. i don't have a set of keys to the car. and i think that she has taken the car back to ND where she lives.

Brock33

so even though the she's the co-signer on the loan, that doesn't mean that she will be on the title?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">