• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation to discover Assets/Third Party

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NickCarp

Cook County Illinois, third district
Hi, I won an ex parte judgment back in September because a client had taken an $8,000 deposit and was never heard from again. He is an independent contractor and since he never showed up for court, I could not utilize the citation to discover his assets. I do know where he banks and completed the citation to discover assets of a third party. My question is, do I have to file to discover his assets first? Can I file both citations together? Thank you:confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Cook County Illinois, third district
Hi, I won an ex parte judgment back in September because a client had taken an $8,000 deposit and was never heard from again. He is an independent contractor and since he never showed up for court, I could not utilize the citation to discover his assets. I do know where he banks and completed the citation to discover assets of a third party. My question is, do I have to file to discover his assets first? Can I file both citations together? Thank you:confused:
Why would you be entitled to any assets of a third (presumably uninvolved) party? It's a real question, not meant to be snarky.

ETA: I believe I see. You are attempting to serve this upon a party who may owe your judgement debtor money so that they pay you directly instead of paying the dead-beat.

Last edited:

NickCarp

Why would you be entitled to any assets of a third (presumably uninvolved) party? It's a real question, not meant to be snarky.
Because it is his bank. The bank that has his money. I'm sorry, I don't understand your question

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">