• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation (wrong name)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sgtwiz

My son and several of his friends were accused of taking corn off a persons porch and nick-nacking (throwing corn) at a house on Oct 29, 2001. The police were called and the kids were question for being in the area and subsequently one of the kids admitted to the damage to the house's display of corn. My son received a citation for disorderly conduct and a fine for $144.50!!!
My questions are:
1. His name appears wrong (misspelled) on the citation, so can it be dropped on those grounds?
2. Isn't this a bit excessive for being charged for something that someone else admitted to?
3. There's no proof my son did anything except be in the presence of the one that admitted to deeds. How can he be charged for anything without any proof?

I live in Pennsylvania. Thank You

racer72

1. No.

2. I would be willing to guess that after the first admission of guilt that the others had no choice to admit guilt too.

3. As the saying goes, tell it to the judge. If the judge feels there is no proof, he will dismiss the citation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">