• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City sewer flooded my house.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ridiek

Hello,I live in Los Angeles county,in the city of Azusa. The city sewer backed up and flooded my home. The city initially admitted that it was their fault,but now blame my neighbor's tree roots for causing the problem. They told me they would not pay my claim for damages,and that I should sue my neighbor! I pay for sewer maintenance every month on my utiliy bill,but it seems the city was not doing the sewer maintenance as they said they were. I have contacted my insurance company,and they said they would not pay because it was the city's fault.:mad: HELP!!,I'm caught in the middle!!

sandyclaus

Hello,I live in Los Angeles county,in the city of Azusa. The city sewer backed up and flooded my home. The city initially admitted that it was their fault,but now blame my neighbor's tree roots for causing the problem. They told me they would not pay my claim for damages,and that I should sue my neighbor! I pay for sewer maintenance every month on my utiliy bill,but it seems the city was not doing the sewer maintenance as they said they were. I have contacted my insurance company,and they said they would not pay because it was the city's fault.:mad: HELP!!,I'm caught in the middle!!
Best solution: hire a good attorney and sue both your neighbor and the city for the damages. Let a judge sort out who's to blame (and pay).

Rexlan

I would add your home owners insurance company to the list unless they clearly have an exclusion in the contract. They should pay it and then go after the city.

The city is liable - not the neighbor. Blaming the neighbor is ludicrous and you have no claim there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">