• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suvbaby

What is the name of your state?Florida
A former friend borrowed an expensive carpet cleaner from me and never returned it despite repeated requests. If I file a civil case seeking replevin do I automatically waive my right to recoup court costs?
In this county you may file one or the other....monetary or replevin
Ideally I would like my machine back undamaged...but the costs almost are as much as the machine

JETX

suvbaby said:
What is the name of your state?Florida
A former friend borrowed an expensive carpet cleaner from me and never returned it despite repeated requests. If I file a civil case seeking replevin do I automatically waive my right to recoup court costs?
In this county you may file one or the other....monetary or replevin
Ideally I would like my machine back undamaged...but the costs almost are as much as the machine
Personally, I see no reason why you would want the equipment back rather than its value (and simply replace it), but if you want to do this and get a judgment, it will still include the 'court costs'.

suvbaby

Florida
In response as to why I might want the machine back:A monetary judgement is just an order...hard to enforce. Etleast I would have my machine back to use

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">