• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zdubb84

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I have received a letter from Palmer, Reifler & Associates, P.A. asking to pay them $300 within 10 days or they will proceed to file a lawsuit against me and will seek attorney’s fees, court costs and other expenses. Also promised what I will be served by the Sheriff with a summons requiring appearing in court to defend the action.

Is this for real?
Should I pay or is this a bogus company?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

zdubb84 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

I have received a letter from Palmer, Reifler & Associates, P.A. asking to pay them $300 within 10 days or they will proceed to file a lawsuit against me and will seek attorney’s fees, court costs and other expenses. Also promised what I will be served by the Sheriff with a summons requiring appearing in court to defend the action.

Is this for real?
Should I pay or is this a bogus company?

My response:

They're real, and it looks like you're about to "buy the farm."

Check it out: http://www.civilrecoverylaw.com/

IAAL

Timmer

I am in Maryland.

I received a letter from Palmer Reifler and Associates too, accusing me of attempting to shoplift $40 worth of goods from a KMart a few towns away from me. I hve never been to that KMart, and I wrote to Palmer Reifler and Associates to tell them that. They are awarte that this is true and that their claim is bogus, yet they call me daily and spam my answering machine with their recorded messages. This has been going on for 3 years! I've told them either file suit against me or drop it, but stop calling. They go right on calling every day. Apparently, they think they can intimidate me into paying them money THEY KNOW I DON'T OWE.

I have websearched them and found out that they have a pattern of sending these letters to people, many of whom have not done anything. It appears that PR& Ass. knows this, but they do it anyway. Apparently, it's a habit with these turkeys.

They should be investigated by the Bar Association and if they don't stop harassing me soon, I'm going to contact the Bar Association in every state where they have offices.

badapple40

I suggest doing exactly that. And you may want to consider taking other measures against these guys (e.g. perhaps a FDCPA claim).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">