• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil case.... taking a long time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jhiner

What is the name of your state? WV

Let me give you the short version. In 2003, I went to a transmission shop to pick up my mother's car. My sister waited in the car while I went inside. After I asked to see the work he did, and asked for a written and signed documentation of work performed, he got angry and he, along with his son, beat me and threw me to the ground. My sister jumped out of the car to try to help, and she too was assaulted. We went right to the police, and later filed a civil suit... one on the behalf of my mom for breach of contract or warranty (they ripped the transmission back out of her car, and in the process, left it undrivable.. and she had to get a rental car, so we are wanting that money back too), another for my sister, who was under 18, and a 3rd for me for my injuries. My sister had bumps, bruises, and scratches, and I ended up going to the hospital. So 2 injuries and one breach of warranty (I think). Anyways, we've had this lawyer handling it for some time and it STILL is NOT resolved. He keeps saying this or that has been filed, or that he has tried to contact the other lawyer and that guy doesn't respond. Is he bull****ting us? Or do matters like this really take (at this point) more than THREE years to resolve? Thanks for all advice.

Rexlan

Why didn't they get arrested? Then the heat is on and it is free.

Go talk to another lawyer ... free opinion then Sh** can this one. 3 years is long enough so go for a judgment.

jhiner

They plead guilty to battery as I recall.

I thought it was an open and shut case. I guess not.

Maybe I will goto another lawyer.

Will he be required to give over all documentation on the case if we get a new lawyer? Some details are fuzzy to us now after 3 years of waiting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">