• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Cases/Contingency?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anorcalmom2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CA

I am considering legal action against the Family Court in my county based on a court order made in my custody case which is very clearly not within the guidelines of the law in the Family Code. Not only is this situation resulting in my parenting time being extremely limited but what they are ordering for me to do is a violation of my 4th Ammendment rights under unlawful search and seizure.

My questions are this....Do civil attorneys work on a contingency basis? Would a civil attorney be able to handle the family law case end of it with regards to getting the court to drop the order in question and adjust the parenting time accordingly if it is found to be that the order limiting my custody was unlawful? Is there any monetary awarded based on a civil rights violation and if so, is it usually based on pain and suffering (time lost with my kids) and/or punitive?

Thanks for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">