• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FREEDOM0924

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
ON BEHALF OF CHILDREN CAN I SUE BAR FOR NOT CARDING MINOR WHICH RESULTED IN INTOXIFICATION AND THEIR FATHER BEING INCARCERATED DUE TO INTERCOURSE UNDER INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL?

17 year old went into bar that did not properly id her. She got intoxicated and had intercourse with my husband. The alleged act of her being intoxicated and having intercourse resulted in husband being incarcerated for assault under intoxification. can the bar be held liable? do i have have grounds to sue bar for my children anguish and my pain and suffering? yes, husband is 100% wrong for actions, but should the bar be held liable? if the law wants to blame husband due to consumption, can't i in turn blame bar for the chain of actions that resulted in husband going away and children (3 year and 1month) being deprived of father if alcohol played major part? the bar already admitted fault by settling out of court and awarding almost 1million to 17 year old. if someone could advise in right direction, ould greatly appreciate it

Last edited:

Antigone*

ON BEHALF OF CHILDREN CAN I SUE BAR FOR NOT CARDING MINOR WHICH RESULTED IN INTOXIFICATION AND THEIR FATHER BEING INCARCERATED DUE TO INTERCOURSE UNDER INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL?
STOP YELLING ~ We can see just fine :eek:

Some Random Guy

Your post is confusing. You say "on behalf of children" but are you the parent of the children who had sex or related to the person who had sex with them and you have children of your own?

You also say it resulted in "THEIR FATHER BEING INCARCERATED DUE TO INTERCOURSE UNDER INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL". How did this happen and what does the father have to do with it? Did the father have sex with his own children or others? Did the father not have sex with anyone but his children got drunk and had sex with somebody else not mentioned here?

Are we talking about minors in terms of the legal drinking age (21), under 18, or uner the age of consent for sex?

HomeGuru

**A: very confusing but the answer is yes, you can sue bar.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
**A: very confusing but the answer is yes, you can sue bar.
Bar served alcohol to a minor. "Adult" man with children decided to cheat on his wife and happened to pick the minor child who was drunk to be the one he would nail. Now "adult" man is in jail (as he should be). Wife wants to sue the bar, instead of her wandering husband.

Yeah, sue the bar...that'll make it all better for the kids..."Daddy didn't have sex with a 17 year old on PURPOSE, the bar made him do it!" :mad::mad:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

17 year old went into bar that did not properly id her. She got intoxicated and had intercourse with my husband. The alleged act of her being intoxicated and having intercourse resulted in husband being incarcerated for assault under intoxification. can the bar be held liable? do i have have grounds to sue bar for my children anguish and my pain and suffering? yes, husband is 100% wrong for actions, but should the bar be held liable? if the law wants to blame husband due to consumption, can't i in turn blame bar for the chain of actions that resulted in husband going away and children (3 year and 1month) being deprived of father if alcohol played major part? the bar already admitted fault by settling out of court and awarding almost 1million to 17 year old. if someone could advise in right direction, ould greatly appreciate it
I'm glad you added the clarification. Good Lord woman! You CAN'T be serious! Your husband decided that a drunk 17 year old was the one to roll in the hay with (that night).

Eekamouse

I'm not condoning her husband's actions at all but doesn't it stand to reason that if he met this girl in a bar, his assumption that she was at least 21 years old seem an understandable mistake?:confused:

las365

Not enough facts. Did the husband/rapist take the 17 year old into the bar?

This wasn't just cheating or a roll in the hay, it was a rape. I don't understand exactly what OP is trying to say he was convicted of (never heard of assault under intoxification :rolleyes:) but I doubt that a jury would say that what he did was not his fault and the bar should therefore support his family.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">