• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil nuisance suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevehendo34

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I went to a estate sale and was annoyed at the way they were conducting it.
No price tags no displayed tax permit, and haggling, but I doubt I can prove any of this and probably is irreverent anyway.

Instead of complaining, I asked "Is there going to be an action" An unknown person to me said "no"
I responded in a moderately raised voice but not yelling or no swearing."estate sales need to be an auctions" The unknown man said In a raised voice “you better look up your definitions." Instead of debating I immediately then turned around and started to leave. When I got about 10 feet from house to garage door sale exit someone else yelled."I have an action business and I know the rules" Realizing I may have been wrong I responded while continuing to reach the door "whatever" The unknown man yelled loudly" You need to get the hell out of hear" I responded "that's were I am going" I continued out the door for the last two feet after he said get the hell out of hear.

All this all transpired in a matter of 2 minutes or less.
As I got to my scooter I could see him write down my plate number.
I have no idea if he called the police they did not contact me.
I know that any attorney can request personal information from the DMV in WI

Could the unknown man that yelled get the hell out file a nuisance or other type lawsuit in civil court against me? I know one can sue for anything.. Do you think he will bother and will he have a chance at winning if he did.

FlyingRon

Let it go. First off, I assume you mean "auction" not action. You're wrong about just about everything. An estate sale is a casual sale. There's no requirement for posted prices, collection of sales tax (in Michigan), auctions, or anything else you were complaining about. I can't even imagine someone being in a business that they can't even spell.

People writing down your license plate numbers is not only not actionable, but probably reasonable and prudent considering YOUR misbehavior. Most likely they were just saving your identity in case you caused further disruption.

Let it go. In the extremely unlikely event that you get contacted by the police or some court action occurs, contact an attorney. Otherwise, ignore it.

stevehendo34

Let it go. First off, I assume you mean "auction" not action. You're wrong about just about everything. An estate sale is a casual sale. There's no requirement for posted prices, collection of sales tax (in Michigan), auctions, or anything else you were complaining about. I can't even imagine someone being in a business that they can't even spell.

"probably reasonable and prudent considering YOUR misbehavior., but probably reasonable and prudent considering YOUR misbehavior. Most likely they were just saving your identity in case you caused further disruption.

Let it go. In the extremely unlikely event that you get contacted by the police or some court action occurs, contact an attorney. Otherwise, ignore it.

I said "any of this and probably is irreverent anyway", I did not complain about those estate procedures to them anyway and I am not going to pursue any of this.

"I can't even imagine someone being in a business that they can't even spell." I am retired on SS and don't have a business.

"probably reasonable and prudent considering YOUR misbehavior." I agree there was some mild misbehavior on my part but not extreme and certainly not intentional. I believe they were justified in yelling "get the hell out of hear" , but I was 20 feet from the door and my way out. I agree they had the right to write down my plate number.

"Let it go" .Obviously you think I am being paranoid, but the guy seemed extremely annoyed at me for my two sentences of my misbehavior. I don't think they misbehaved.

Thank very much for easing my concerns.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">