• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Suits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladybug71399

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I have a pending civil suit against me from Enterprise for an accident in a rental car. I cannot afford to pay what they want and my insurance does not cover the damages. I am not familiar with what can happen in a civil case. Should I seek an attorney? What will happen if I can't pay?? I don't have my own property (house, land, etc). I don't even own the car I drive. I am just at a loss and need some guidance. Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I have a pending civil suit against me from Enterprise for an accident in a rental car. I cannot afford to pay what they want and my insurance does not cover the damages. I am not familiar with what can happen in a civil case. Should I seek an attorney? What will happen if I can't pay?? I don't have my own property (house, land, etc). I don't even own the car I drive. I am just at a loss and need some guidance. Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: work out a payment plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">