• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smokey1212

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I received a civil summons today from my wife's atty. I am planing on getting a divorce after Waiting a year as required by law.. The summons boiled down to she is praying for 65% of all assets . I guess she is miffed that I would not quit claim the house and car to her. the summons contained numerous allegations that are not true..how do I respond to this?

Thanks

Bill W

The best way to respond to it would be to hire a reputable divorce attorney. He will draft and file an Answer for you, and represent your interests in the ensuing litigation.

Or, you could draft and file your own Answer. However, this is ill-advised as your wife has her own attorney who will likely walk all over you if you represent yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">