• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Class action lawsuit won ..." by QuanHenry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

QuanHenry created a thread and then deleted it after several of his posts were reported to administrators of this site for content that violated the terms and services of FreeAdvice.

Following is what he wrote in his original post, his post receiving several good responses from forum members before deletion.

I was a named plaintiff in a class action lawsuit against my former employer for wage violations. Last week, my lawyer called me to tell me the case was agreed to be settled for 2.8 million. He said I will receive a $10,000 "bonus" in addition to lost wages once they are calculated. He said there are two other named plaintiffs in the case, and something like 2,500 employees eligible to get a cut over a 3 year period.

My question is, is this a fair settlement for me? 10 grand is certainly nice, but it sounds kind of low compared to 2.8 million. Feels like I should be getting something closer to 100k. What are my options? I haven't signed anything yet. Should I?

Edit: The case covers franchise work for which owned stores in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. I was lead plaintiff representing the Pennsylvania employees.

If those who responded before would like to respond again, I promise I will not delete this thread. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">