• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

class action representation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AndyAl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
Civil rights violations. I am not really interested in filing it as an individual case (no physical damage, etc.), but, since some issues of public safety are involved, the case may have a great potential as a class action. I contacted a number of law firms / class action attorneys, but couldn't find anybody willing to work on contingency fee or pro bono basis. And I do not have resources to hire one. Will the federal court in MA allow me to file a class action complaint for injunctive and declaratory relief (and, probably, for punitive damages) PRO SE, if at the same time I file a motion that, since the issues of public safety are at stake, the court itself appoints an attorney to represent the class?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
Civil rights violations. I am not really interested in filing it as an individual case (no physical damage, etc.), but, since some issues of public safety are involved, the case may have a great potential as a class action. I contacted a number of law firms / class action attorneys, but couldn't find anybody willing to work on contingency fee or pro bono basis. And I do not have resources to hire one. Will the federal court in MA allow me to file a class action complaint for injunctive and declaratory relief (and, probably, for punitive damages) PRO SE, if at the same time I file a motion that, since the issues of public safety are at stake, the court itself appoints an attorney to represent the class?
You were rude, arrogant and downright mean to seniors like Quincy who tried to help you. You are on your own now due to the fact that your attitude has sunk you here. Goodbye.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">