• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clerk Failed to Ensure and Party Was Served With Notice of Court Costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cincynewbie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

An order was made against the losing party for costs and fees, but the clerk has failed to properly serve the party in each instance, sending the correspondence to the wrong address (also no proof of service via certified mail). A final notice was sent over a month ago (again to the wrong address), but the party found out about it online. Additional fees have been added and a certificate of judgment is supposedly to be issued against the party, though failure to comply was at no fault of his own.

Further, the party was granted leave to proceed in forma pauperis and all filing fees were waived throughout the litigation, so would he not have valid grounds to request the costs waived as well? What is his recourse in either event?

Silverplum

An order was made against the losing party for costs and fees, but the clerk has failed to properly serve the party in each instance, sending the correspondence to the wrong address (also no proof of service via certified mail). A final notice was sent over a month ago (again to the wrong address), but the party found out about it online. Additional fees have been added and a certificate of judgment is supposedly to be issued against the party, though failure to comply was at no fault of his own.

Further, the party was granted leave to proceed in forma pauperis and all filing fees were waived throughout the litigation, so would he not have valid grounds to request the costs waived as well? What is his recourse in either event?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/ohio-dissolution-question-602061.html#post3228898

's up??

Really. What's going on?

Cincynewbie

's up??

Really. What's going on?
I in the wrong place to get legal advice? I'm confused. You here to give advice to questions made in threads or to speculate on someone's character? I've checked out some of your posts and you may have some personal issues needing ironed out...and I've gleaned some other posters will soon join your upcoming feeble attempt to belittle posters such as me. Funny how you didn't address or attempt to answer the question whatsoever but instead sought to view other posts made by me, and predictibly commented on that and only on that. Get a life. Seriously.

Silverplum

I in the wrong place to get legal advice? I'm confused. You here to give advice to questions made in threads or to speculate on someone's character? I've checked out some of your posts and you may have some personal issues needing ironed out...and I've gleaned some other posters will soon join your upcoming feeble attempt to belittle posters such as me. Funny how you didn't address or attempt to answer the question whatsoever but instead sought to view other posts made by me, and predictibly commented on that and only on that. Get a life. Seriously.
Alrighty, then.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I would suggest that you pay an attorney to deal with your attitude.

Good day.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

It is not the clerk's issue. It is the issue of the party in Ohio.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">