• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Client gone wild

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danieaudie

New Jersey

Client fired me because I wouldnt remove a tile for the 3rd time and when I sued her for payment she is countersueing. i had less than 12 hrs work remaining to finish the work.

I am a general contractor and I replaced 3 valves that technically shouldve been replaced by a plumber and she knew this and is trying to use then in court against me and saying she didnt know. can't i intrduce evidence that her finance is an electrician and he knows that I shouldnt of done it but stupid me did it as a favor.....because she didn't want to pay for a plumber...

also, she is asking for monies for doors she claims i damaged because she paid twice for them, but Lowes has informed me that they credited her....if she produced a docket in court requesting payment for damages and was already paid by lowes isn't this lying? can i request a dismisall of her case for perjury?

I have to go back to court because she is going to bring back a contractor who gave her an estimate for removing the wood floor i put in because they claim i did it wrong because the floor is buckling....but the floor is actually sloped. but sears damaged her floor during the project and i am waiting to find out if they paid her a claim to replace the floor....so if she was paid by sears. isn't this now insurance fraud? since she is trying to get me to pay for part of what they may have already paid for.

also.. i ommitted the project start and end date. which i didnt know it was required but doesnt she have to prove fraud in connection to a consumer fraud law?

finally i made a mistake and hadn't filed a permit and found out that its required but she hasn't produced any evidence that what i did was wrong....nor did she file a permit with the local office to determine if it is wrong....she has only stated i shouldve filed a permit.....do i admit the error and question why she hasn't filed a permit and shown any damages?

is the courts juristiction to determine if she has suffered losses and adward them? say i didnt know to file a permit but the work is correct....what damages is she entiled too for me not filing a permit....wouldnlt she have to file a complaint with the local township.....

Last edited:

Rexlan

Certainly seems odd that you can be a "general contractor" and not even know you need a permit ... LOL. Something is odd about the entire situation.

Because you are a "general contractor" I will assume you are incorporated too. If so, you need an attorney. If not, you still need an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">