• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting monies from corporation....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

naturbird

New Jersey.....

I was awarded monies from a binding arbitration against a business that is incorporated. (Which of coarse meant nothing because the business didn't adhere to it). So I ended up sueing them in the Special Civil Court. Which defaulted, so then I got a default judgement against that business. Do I have any chance of collecting that money? Or because the buisness is incorporated I'm out of luck. I know the business owner has assets although they are not part of the buisness. Also, the business is doing jobs worth 100's of thousand of dollars. Is there anyway to collect what I am owed? thank you for your time******************************************....have a great day!!!

Dandy Don

Look for the website for NOLO PRESS--great series of legal advice books on how to collect small claims court judgments. You may also want to consult with a debt collection attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">