• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

companies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eshee

i would like to know the position of the law when your client( a company) has been sued and the company has since collapsed. there is also indication that one of the directors may have passed away some time back. the case has been pending for too long in court and even if the Plaintiff was to apply to lift the veil, there are no assets that would be revovered from any of the directors. What should i do as the Defendant's advocate?

Thanx guys

eshee

i would like to know the position of the law when your client( a company) has been sued and the company has since collapsed. there is also indication that one of the directors may have passed away some time back. the case has been pending for too long in court and even if the Plaintiff was to apply to lift the veil, there are no assets that would be revovered from any of the directors. What should i do as the Defendant's advocate?

Thanx guys

OHRoadwarrior i am a lawyer but from a different jurisdiction am doing research on this aspect.

Proserpina

i am aware that it is for the us only. i am doing my research and wanted to know the approach Us laeyers take when faced with this situation vis a vis our syatem here

Why? It would be completely irrelevant.

Every state has different laws to begin with.

eshee

i am aware that it is for the us only. i am doing my research and wanted to know the approach Us laeyers take when faced with this situation vis a vis our syatem here
thank you for all your help guys
. have a good day

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">