• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complaint filed...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

creditchaos

What is the name of your state? OH

About a month ago Citibank filed a complaint against me. The summons was issued the same day. Apparently it was sent CMRRR. I never signed for it. I received a letter from a local lawfirm informing me that I am the subject of a collection action (it included the case #)and offering to represent me. This is how I found out about the complaint. I checked on the county court website and it said that the case was open and undisposed. It also said that on 12/10 a "Notice of Failed Service" was issued. It said nothing about a court date. Does this mean that I wasn't properly served and they can't proceed? Do I need to file bankruptcy prior to the case going to court or can I do that after they win a judgement against me?

Any help would be appreciated.

JETX

"Does this mean that I wasn't properly served and they can't proceed?"
*** Of course we can't answer your question factually without reviewing ALL the facts, but your noting that the site says that they failed to serve would mean that they can't move forward YET. However, they will probably get 'alternate' service on you and can then proceed to hearing.

"Do I need to file bankruptcy prior to the case going to court or can I do that after they win a judgement against me?"
*** It would be much easier for you to file and notify the court of your filing BEFORE a judgment is rendered against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">