• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complaint filed by officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

short6

Complaint filed by officer for an Alleged offence that he didn't witness

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Two months ago, I was coming into our town and approached a vehicle going well under the speed limit. He didn't move over, so I passed in the right hand lane. The driver then called in and reported that I passed him on the shoulder. There is no shoulder there, only another full lane. When I got into town, an officer pulled me over. He was very ugly with me and even cursed at me. My girlfriend was in the car with me at the time, so I have a witness to all of this. I explained my side and ultimately, He let me go on my way. I was not ticketed, the officer didn't witness anything. Now, two months later, I get this formal complaint and Pre-Trial Hearing notice for "Driving on Unapproved Shoulder TC 545.058" How is this okay? Do I need to get an attorney? I didn't do anything wrong, I am 19, never been in trouble and not sure what to do next.
Thank you

Last edited:

eerelations

What you do next is hire an attorney. After that, you go to court on the scheduled date and plead your side of the story. Following that, you do whatever the judge tells you to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">