• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Construction trouble with the neighbors.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SCO

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
CA

We are building a house. Neighbors have opposed the project from the beginning and fought us every step of the way. We finally got all the permits and started construction. They are now harassing our subcontractors and everyone working on site (yelling, foul language, photographing everything and intimidating by threatening with lawsuits). As a result a subcontractor actually refused the job which resulted in delays. My question is; is there a way to prevent them from talking/harassing the people working on site?

Thanks!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
CA

We are building a house. Neighbors have opposed the project from the beginning and fought us every step of the way. We finally got all the permits and started construction. They are now harassing our subcontractors and everyone working on site (yelling, foul language, photographing everything and intimidating by threatening with lawsuits). As a result a subcontractor actually refused the job which resulted in delays. My question is; is there a way to prevent them from talking/harassing the people working on site?

Thanks!
I think that you are going to have to speak to a local attorney. There are different things that can be done, based on the total story. Some things might involve the police and/or restraining orders and some things might involve civil suits. Other things might require nothing more than a stern letter from an attorney.

It all depends on the whole story.

adjusterjack

My question is; is there a way to prevent them from talking/harassing the people working on site?

Thanks!
I agree.

Whatever the solution might be, you will need a lawyer to put the fear of God into these people.

If you incurred any additional costs by having to replace a contractor, suing for that money would be the icing on the cake in addition to any other remedies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">