• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt of Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scorcap

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR We have been advised by our attorney that my ex-wife is in contempt for not paying our son's medical bills. I have custody of him and have for the last 9 years, she has not contacted him in 5 years. I will file the motion myself however here lies the problem, I live 3000 miles away and I cannot appear in Oregon. Well...I could but I would need to take 2 days off work, fly there, hotel, car, gas....she would have to cover that as my expense. Could I have someone appear on my behalf? I have all the necessary documents to prove that she is in contempt. My attorney wants $2000 retainer plus $200 per hour for filing this motion. Any help would be appreciated. I just found out that I will be hard pressed to have her pay 1/2 of his college fees, because they are basically unenforceable, is this correct? So far I've paid $23,000 in college fees and he's not even 1/3 of the way through.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR We have been advised by our attorney that my ex-wife is in contempt for not paying our son's medical bills. I have custody of him and have for the last 9 years, she has not contacted him in 5 years. I will file the motion myself however here lies the problem, I live 3000 miles away and I cannot appear in Oregon. Well...I could but I would need to take 2 days off work, fly there, hotel, car, gas....she would have to cover that as my expense. Could I have someone appear on my behalf? I have all the necessary documents to prove that she is in contempt. My attorney wants $2000 retainer plus $200 per hour for filing this motion. Any help would be appreciated. I just found out that I will be hard pressed to have her pay 1/2 of his college fees, because they are basically unenforceable, is this correct? So far I've paid $23,000 in college fees and he's not even 1/3 of the way through.
Yes, an attorney licensed in Oregon may appear on your behalf. No one else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">