• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Continuing Denial of Service Attacks . . . need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eHoward

On November 19th, 20th and 21st I had DOS attacks started against my server by a Verizon customer on his home DSL line and most likely also at his work account at Dow Jones.

For those that arent computer savvy,DOS means the attacker flooded the server with hundreds of thousands of false requests for data to make the server unavailable to legitimate users and my customers.

I spoke with Verizon and various Dow Jones employees about the problem in November.

On December 25th, the Verizon attacks started again. Verizon this time told me to file a suit.

The attacker is in NY. I am in NJ. The server is in PA. I have server logs that recorded the attacks.

I would rather not pay for a lawyer as they are expensive. I do have two good ones from when I could afford to use them in y2k for this kind of issue, but I would rather not throw away thousands of dollars when I just want the user unplugged from the internet.

I would like to file a civil lawsuit without the help of an attorney. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">