• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

correct procedure to file default judgement ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goldhunter_2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am no lawyer but unable to afford one so I have been reading Florida circuit civil procedures, so far I have file against the company, they where served by the sheriff and did not responded with in the 20 days allowed (or yet) I filed for a clerk default and it was granted seven days later

now The next document I think I am required to file is 1.988 judgment after default, I have typed it just like show in the 2009/2010 books and attached copies of the summons served, motion for clerk default, certified signed clerk default granted BUT when I went to the clerk of court to file it I was told this has to be taken to the judge directly :confused: so I went to the court house but was only able to have the information secretary call up to the office and was told to put in there mail slot , she did sign a copy for me as received but was not a normal stamp like at the clerks office does.

IS this normal or did I do something wrong and if so how do I file it correctly?

the book doesn't show it but I almost wounder if the header shouldn't of said "Motion for finial Judgment" instead. I am just worried I guess that I have done something incorrectly and want to make sure I get the judgment

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

davidmcbeth3

i dont know but given the lack of answers I can offer you this: go check other cases & see if they were filed in a similar manner

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">