• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court problems, please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eatsubway

Hello, please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

I am 19years old, from new jersey, and in a few days i will be appearing in court as a victim/witness (charges being pressed by the state, not myself) of an attempted breakin at my house from several weekes ago. Once i noticed my house was broken into I called the police. while the police were at my house they found evidence that me and two of my friends (who are under 18yrs old) had drank beer the night before, which i truthfully said my brother (who is over 21) bought for me.

At court could i be charged of underage drinking or of providing alcohol to minors? Could my brother be charged of buying alcohol to me? Again I am going to court as a victim not a defendand, but technically i have broke the law.

please give me any advice possible for this. if u have any questions on the case feel free to ask. thanks

racer72

The alcohol was not an element of the crime and you have not been charged at this time, it is highly unlikely that anything will come from this.

garrula lingua

Don't worry.
Appear and answer all questions truthfully.
You'll be fine.

The only one who may try to dwell on the alcohol use is the defense atty, in an attempt to discredit you. Be honest with all your answers (don't dwell on, or avoid admitting the alcohol use).

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">