• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crooked Pastor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aarmour2

TN- In 2005 I was duped into signing for 2 loans to help out our small church. Loan 1 was for 10k and loan 2 was originally 5k with amex but because I was duped into making him an authorized user on the account, he received a card and subsequently raised the credit line up to 20k. After a couple of years of empty promises and other heinous events, I left the church. Now I have creditors calling me daily and he has not made payments on loan 1 since March 08 and none on loan 2 since August 08. I need help in deciding how to correctly pursue this matter. I did have him to sign an agreement in 05 that stated he was resoponsible for all debts as well as he was going to pay back 60k in student loans. I would love to have both things done, but will settle for having the loan debts that he created be taken care of initially.
Any thoughts.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

SIN EATER

Hire an attorney to sue for repayment.
Get a Judgment.
Hire a debt collector to collect on the judgment.

That's too much money to try debt collection on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">