• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage to Property from Driving Range

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dkyer

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I moved to a house on a golf course last year. The house is located behind the driving range. The driving range is a short one and the course sometimes posts a sign that states not to use drivers. At one point in time they even had limited flight balls in use but for whatever reason stopped using them. The driving ranges does have a fence surrounding it.

During the course of the past year we have had litterally buckets of range balls end up in in our yard. I have spoken with course employees about this and they said they would take measures to prevent it.

This past Sunday a range ball stuck a glass door of my house and broke the glass. I have spoken with the GM of the course and the VP of Opertations for the company that owns the course and they have stated they will not pay for the damages.

My position is that they are not providing reasonable and adequate protection for a known hazard. This is not just a errant shot by a golfer on the course but a driving range that the management is well aware is too short and their fences are not high enough to protect private property. 9 times out of 10 the sign is not even out on the range itself.

Can I hold the Golf Course liable for the damages as well as making them take additional protective measure to prevent future damage to my property?

dkyer

Thanks for the information. Not what I wanted to hear but at least I know how to proceed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">