• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deal to trade horse for grooming lessons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sharyn1

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I would like some advice on a deal that I made with some one. I traded her a horse for grooming lessons. I gave her the paper work and she got the horse registered. The grooming lessons where suppose to go on for about a year after a month she got mad at something else and refused to continure the grooming lessons. She had me come pick up all my supplies. I spent about 3 thousand setting up a grooming shop because I thought I would get the grooming lessons. I had to close the shop because she wouldn't fullfill the deal. She told me I could have the horse back if I would pay for the registering of $250. I didn't feel I should have to do that since I wasn't registering the horse and if she had lived up to the deal I wouldn't want the horse back. The grooming lessons were valuse at $5000 to $6000. I filed a civil suit because I did not want to have to hire a lawyer. At first I was going to give the horse away and then my husband said no, I could not. This person came to my house and looked at the horse and my husband told her then that he was not giving the horse away.
Then I asked her would she trade out grooming lessons for the horse and she said yes and my husband asked her about the length of time and the price. They agreed and she came and got the horse the following week end. I do have a witness that heard the deal besides my husband and I. Plus she did give me grooming lessons for a short period.
Is the verbal deal binding? I feel I am entitled to the horse back if she did not hold up her end of the deal. Not only that, after I got to her shop, she forced me to pay her in cash for any dogs that I brought in and practiced on. The customer paid me and she made me pay her in cash so she wouldn't have to pay taxes. I also have a witness to this. Can someone please advice me on what to do. Now she is saying the horse was abused and neglected. I do have a vet that will testify that it was not. She is just thinking of anything she can to come up with something. I have been appointed for years by a Judge as a Animal Humane Enforcement Officer and do have the papers to prove it.
I need to know what I should do. She has had the case postponed two times. She says
she has a key witness. That witness is to testify that I did say at one time I would give the horse away. The witness said it to the lady. I was not present at the time so I have no idea what was said but when she came her to my house she was informed then the horse was not for give away. What are my rights and what can I do, or what should I do.
She has hired a lawyer. Actually my husband filed the civil suit. She named me as a third party. Someone help please.

Sharyn Davis

Thank you
Sharyn Davis

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I would like some advice on a deal that I made with some one. I traded her a horse for grooming lessons. I gave her the paper work and she got the horse registered. The grooming lessons where suppose to go on for about a year after a month she got mad at something else and refused to continure the grooming lessons. She had me come pick up all my supplies. I spent about 3 thousand setting up a grooming shop because I thought I would get the grooming lessons. I had to close the shop because she wouldn't fullfill the deal. She told me I could have the horse back if I would pay for the registering of $250. I didn't feel I should have to do that since I wasn't registering the horse and if she had lived up to the deal I wouldn't want the horse back. The grooming lessons were valuse at $5000 to $6000. I filed a civil suit because I did not want to have to hire a lawyer. At first I was going to give the horse away and then my husband said no, I could not. This person came to my house and looked at the horse and my husband told her then that he was not giving the horse away.
Then I asked her would she trade out grooming lessons for the horse and she said yes and my husband asked her about the length of time and the price. They agreed and she came and got the horse the following week end. I do have a witness that heard the deal besides my husband and I. Plus she did give me grooming lessons for a short period.
Is the verbal deal binding? I feel I am entitled to the horse back if she did not hold up her end of the deal. Not only that, after I got to her shop, she forced me to pay her in cash for any dogs that I brought in and practiced on. The customer paid me and she made me pay her in cash so she wouldn't have to pay taxes. I also have a witness to this. Can someone please advice me on what to do. Now she is saying the horse was abused and neglected. I do have a vet that will testify that it was not. She is just thinking of anything she can to come up with something. I have been appointed for years by a Judge as a Animal Humane Enforcement Officer and do have the papers to prove it.
I need to know what I should do. She has had the case postponed two times. She says
she has a key witness. That witness is to testify that I did say at one time I would give the horse away. The witness said it to the lady. I was not present at the time so I have no idea what was said but when she came her to my house she was informed then the horse was not for give away. What are my rights and what can I do, or what should I do.
She has hired a lawyer. Actually my husband filed the civil suit. She named me as a third party. Someone help please.

Sharyn Davis

Thank you
Sharyn Davis
when will you damn arkies learn to WRITE!!! Since she has an attorney and since the amount of your 'damages' is more than allowable in small claims court in Razorback country, you need an attorney.

YOU, not hubby, needs to file a countersuit for breech of contract and pray you don't get it thrown out because you have nothing in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">