• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ldhnotary

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? LOUISIANA

RECENTLY, I WAS ARRESTED ON A DRUG CHARGE. WHEN THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER RAN THE STORY, IN ADDITION TO THE ACTUAL CHARGES, WHICH WERE STATED INCORRECTLY, THEY PRINTED THAT I HAD BEEN CHARGED WITH MOLESTATION OF A JUVENILE.

I KNOW THAT THIS WAS A MISPRINT, BUT I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENED, ALL I KNOW IS THAT THE WHEN COMMON CITIZEN READS THE PAPER, ESPECIALLY REGARDING ARRESTS, THEY BELIEVE IT.

THEY ALSO PRINTED THAT MY BOYFRIEND, AGE 28, WAS THE BOYFRIEND OF MY 17 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER. SO NOW, THE COMMUNITY IS OF THE IMPRESSION THAT I AM SELLING DRUGS, ALLOWING MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER TO DATE 28 YEAR OLD MEN, WHILE I'M MOLESTING JUVENILES!!!!

HELP!!!! I AM DEFINITELY GOING TO DEMAND A RETRACTION, BUT WANTED TO OBTAIN ADVICE FIRST.

I AM 34 YEARS OLD AND HAVE NEVER BEEN ARRESTED IN MY LIFE. I AM A NOTARY PUBLIC AND WORK FROM MY HOME, WELL, I USED TO WHEN PEOPLE DIDN'T THINK I WAS SOME KIND OF FREAK!

ANY GUIDANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

stephenk

"I AM 34 YEARS OLD AND HAVE NEVER BEEN ARRESTED IN MY LIFE."

Yes you have, for drugs. don't you remember what you typed in the first sentence?

AZIS

false light

I am not a lawyer, but I have read that false light invasion of privacy has less of a burden than outright slander or defamation. THat is just what I read in the COAs

BelizeBreeze

AZIS said:
I am not a lawyer, but I have read that false light invasion of privacy has less of a burden than outright slander or defamation. THat is just what I read in the COAs
You need to read more. Specifically the U.S. Supreme Courts definition of Publisher and Distributor. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">