• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation...parties in interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nospecialfx

What is the name of your state? PA, IN

If a professor reports to the administration that a student burglarized a campus building, vandalized it, etc... are the administration officials "parties in interest" ?

Does acting in bad faith about the truthfulness of the statement ever over-ride the parties in interest defense? Also, I was wondering if that's a defense in every state -- I haven't found any cases in my state so far that mention it...

Can other students be considered parties in interest? What about a school-employed therapist?

Finally, what's the real feasibility of bringing a defamation action? I'm guessing it's unlikely that I'll find a lawyer who will take a libel/slander case on contingency :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">